June 30, 2012 2 Comments
Come down to Moore & Moore Cafe in The Moores Building on Saturday 7 July 2012, grab your free drink, have a great night out and help us make Fremantle more cycle-friendly!
It is a fundraiser, with the support of our partners at The Fremantle Foundation, with all proceeds going towards the construction of a bike shelter in Fremantle.
Live Music – Jazz and Blues!
– Limelight (Jazz Trio)
– Chocolate Lounge (5 piece Sultry Jazz Band)
– Paul Daly & The Heavy Hitters (Blues Band HUGE in Brazil)
– DJ Darcy
Live Art Show – Famous Artists Painting Live to Music!
– We have 16 extremely talented local artists painting live on stage to music
– Ian De Souza, the leading WA artist with a talent for capturing rythm, colour, movement and raw energy, featured in international exhibitions – will be running 8-10 artists on his easel. Ian organised the hugely successful 9 day art project called ‘Drawn Together’ at The Moores Building in 2010 which opened The Fremantle Festival.
– David Giles, one of Australia’s most exciting multi-award winning, internationally exhibited contemporary painters will be running 6-8 artists on his easel. David is the patron of The Freedom School of Painting which is a highly coveted and professional development and mentoring program for artists. His work is an expression of the mystical and spiritual.
– Emma Margett, an inspiring local artist who has been involved in a number of inspiring community projects, who also teaches art to youth at tafe, and is also responsible for the amazing artworks around Moore & Moore Cafe, will be running 2 artists on her easel.
Art Auction – to be held after the event (date to be anounced)
The artworks created on the night will be displayed at Moore & Moore Cafe in the weeks following the event and sold at auction with the majority of proceeds going towards our project to make Fremantle more cycle friendly.
– Free drink on arrival & nibblies through the night
– Amazing Door Prizes, Silent Auction, Dancers, Workshop facilitated by Dismantle
– Major raffle drawn on the night (tickets available until 9pm)
- 1st Prize custom bike with free bike services for a year & a $50 service voucher (value $2650)
- 2nd Prize SAB Nobel coffee machine and year’s supply of Fiori coffee (value $2644)
- 3rd Prize Fremantle Traders Hamper with lots of gifts and vouchers (value $1000)