Freo a big winner at Architecture Awards
July 6, 2015 1 Comment
It was a great year for Fremantle at the Australian Institute of Architects WA awards with a large number of winners either being buildings built in Fremantle or designed by architects based in Freo (or both!)
There were 14 award categories and Fremantle was represented in 10 of these – taking 13 awards in total. Well done to all involved:
Both Fremantle buildings and practices
- Architectural award, residential – Price Street House by Yun Nie Chong and Patrick Kosky (photo below)
- The Harold Krantz Award for Multi-residential Architecture, multiple housing – Terrace Houses in Fremantle (Solomon Street) by Blane Brackenridge
- Architecture award, residential – Scott Street (South Fremantle) Broderick Architecture
- Interior Architecture Commendation – Scott Street (South Fremantle) Broderick Architecture
- Colourbond Award for Steel Architecture Commendation – University of Notre Dame Batesman’s Courtyard Amenities by MCDF Architects
- Heritage Commendation – University of Notre Dame Batesman’s Courtyard Amenities by MCDF Architects
- Peter Overman Award for Residential Architecture Renovations and Additions – Monash Avenue by Officer Woods.
- Architecture award, education – Bunbury Catholic College by CODA/Broderick Architecture joint venture
- Margaret Pitt Morisson award for heritage – Cancer Wellness Centre in Cottesloe by Bernard Seber Architects.
- Ross Chisolm and Gill Nichol Award for Commercial Architecture – Sanwell Office Building by Braham Architects.
- Ivan Ivanhoff award for small project – Dharmapala Kadamapa Meditation Centre by Bernard Seber Architects.
- Small project commendation – Kings Street Accession by Spaceagency.
- Sustainable Architecture Award – Sanwell Office Building by Braham Architects.