Freo Royal – Two weeks until Fringe World come back to Freo
January 13, 2016 Leave a comment
It is only 2 more weeks until Freo will be welcoming back the best of comedy, theatre, cabaret, music and art into the heart of our port city. FREO ROYALE brings Fringe World to Fremantle from January 28 – February 7 2016.
I have just finished having a look through the web site (http://freoroyale.com.au/) with over 150+ performances in iconic venues across Fremantle.
I was trying to pick a top five but ended up with top six:
- LUMINOUS is back! Enter a world where blacklight body art and circus collide to tell neon-lit stories, create magic and form impossible illusions. If you have a taste for the sensational and a healthy disregard for the impossible, come see what lies beyond the dark.
- ARJ BARKER – Join Arj, as he digs through his notes and try to figure out which jokes will make it into his new show, and which ones will end up getting flushed away! Some call it a work-in-progress. He calls it… Arj Barker: Keeper or Crapper 2016. Experience one of comedy’s greatest minds at work.
- DAAS DOUG ANTHONY ALLSTARS In ‘NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE’
- COREY WHITE returns with his hilarious patriotic lovers’ quarrel, Straya I Love You But You’re Breaking Me Down. With pertinent, profane tirades and serenades, this larrikin and rabid Australophile takes us on a warts and all journey into the depths of his disaffection with his brilliant but broken lover Straya.
- GREG FLEET – These Things Happen is Fleet’s hilarious, heartbreaking account of the life-or-death battle for his soul. For 30 years Greg Fleet has been one of Australia’s most widely known and best loved comedians. For the same period, he’s had a drug habit that has delivered him comedy and tragedy in equal parts.
- 1x1x1 showcases Perth’s finest songwriting talent in a magical concept. Seven solo artists play one song at a time over two rotating stages at the iconic The Odd Fellow bar in Fremantle.
Each artist becomes the headline act for a 5 minute period, playing to a captivated audience, before another act starts. One by one by one, come be amazed.
In addition to the shows the jewel in FREO ROYALE’s crown is Kings Square Common, as the space just outside the Fremantle Town Hall transforms into the central meeting place of the festival for patrons to enjoy a casual drink, delicious food and an array of free entertainment, including acoustic acts, DJs, street performers, kids’ activities and exhibitions.
Should be a fun few weeks.