ALP Team in Freo Today
April 27, 2016 Leave a comment
It was good to have some of the key members of the State Labor Party including Mark McGowan (opposition leader) Rita Saffioti (Shadow Minister for Planning; Finance; Government Accountability; and Women’s Interests.) Ben Wyatt (Shadow Treasurer and Shadow Minister for Aboriginal Affairs in Western Australia) and local member Simone McGurk in Fremantle today.
We gave a presentation and had a solid discussion on some key Fremantle issues including:
- Government Office accommodation relocation to Fremantle.
- Fremantle Railway Station forecourt upgrade and bus-port relocation.
- Planning for public transport and rail links to Cockburn and Murdoch.
- Perth Freight Link and Outer Harbour.
- South Quay Redevelopment.
- Fremantle Oval Redevelopment.
We also did a walk around Fremantle as well to give their leadership team a sense of the opportunities Fremantle offered going forward.
(And to those of you concerned about political bias, the City of Fremantle has also requested meetings with each of their counterparts in the liberal Government).