Fremantle ANZAC Day commemorative events 2017
April 20, 2017 Leave a comment
Fremantle is a unique location to honour ANZAC Day as it was the last Australian experience many soldiers and sailors had before departing our shores to join the war effort overseas.
The day will commence with a traditional silent ANZAC Day Dawn Service at the Fremantle War Memorial, home to the plaques honouring the 849 Fremantle servicemen and women who failed to return from WW1.
It will conclude with the traditional ANZAC Day March through the streets of Fremantle and closing ceremony on the Esplanade Reserve.
Additional services and events will take place across Fremantle and North Fremantle throughout the day.
Event schedule (Tuesday 25 April 2017)
- 5.50 am – Dawn service, Fremantle War Memorial, Monument Hill
- 7.30 am – Breakfast on the Esplanade, Esplanade Reserve, Fremantle
- 7.30 am – Free portrait photography booth, Esplanade Reserve
- 9.00 am – North Fremantle service, Fallen Soldier Memorial,
Cnr Queen Victoria St & Harvest Road, North Fremantle
- 10.15 am – ANZAC Day March, Esplanade Reserve through Fremantle
- 10.45 am – Closing ceremony, Esplanade Reserve
For information on all Fremantle ANZAC events and activities visit fremantlestory.com/anzacday2017